21 August, 2008

Home Again..but still wireless

I thought that I may have had my internet issues taken care of when we were in Idaho on the way home. Unfortunately that "fix" only lasted a short while. I am currently on line (internet) with a tech support fellow. Have been on with him and one other person for about 2 1/2 hours so far this evening. I am currently on ignore I believe.

ARRGH . He just got back to me, wants me to do a system restore from the recovery disks. I don't want to! Have to back up all the photos and a few other things before that can be done. I think I might also talk with some one else before doing all the recovery bit. I will definately do the backing up tho.

Knitting... yes it has happened. I am about 1/3 of the way through a baby blanket. Almost finished with the baby Mexacali Ole sweater Opal "tiger" in the 18 month size (I think it is that size anyhow) and picked up one of my languishing projects... my bamboo tank/shell. It is only August, and winter is just around the corner and this tank still isn't done. I started it awhile back, I think that this is its second summer in the construction phase. Luckily I will be going to Hawaii in December so maybe it will be worn this year. At least there will be a chance for that to happen. I had put it down due to my inablilty to count correctly and needed to tink back through one armhole bind off so that I could get the correct stitch count for the front. I was 13 stitches off. Couldn't figure out why I had 26 stitches left before I reached the marker. Cause I counted twice, and got the number I was counting. But I was counting 70 for the smaller size and not 83 for my size. Tink, Tink, Tink, pass the scotch. That is corrected now and the back neck and shoulder shaping is correct. I have the front neck ready to bind off stitches for the neck shaping so all in all just a wee bit to go. Will have to pick up stitches around the arm holes and the neck band and do a round or two. Remind me to read the "Constructions" as my hubby would say. I am going to kitchner the shoulder fronts and backs instead of doing a three needle bind off as the pattern suggests tho.
Take care all... and Happy Knitting.

No comments: