02 August, 2008

Finished Object



The Shibui Cardigan is finished. Ends woven in and button attached. Still needs to be washed and blocked. That is a project for next friday as I am taking the day off from work. Will be getting all the baby gear ready for the shower.
Button close up as you can't see the detail in the larget photo. The colors are darker in this shot, (indoors w/flash)

I used Koigu 5 skeins with approximately 94 grams or 3 3/4 oz left over. Plenty for a hat and some socks for the kiddo.
Thinking of making a helix hat and will be checking out some sock patterns sent by a friend last week for making up some matching socks. Several pair probably looking at the left over sock yarn.
I will be visiting my LYS soon and hoping that she still has some of the yellow Koigu in stock. I made the mistake of telling my husband that the yellow was originally planned for HIS socks and instead I made a sweater for our grandbaby due in Dec. "Those were my socks?" with a pitiful look on his face. Like he Never, Ever, Gets Socks. Ha! I know he was just teasing me... and because he was teasing... he Will Get Socks. Yellow ones. Made from Koigu.








No comments: